Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fibres! Fibres!

Well I attempt to relax over Thanksgiving a bit, I have been trying to come up with a pattern to deconstructively screen print on the last project. Due to time constraints and other issues it has been cut down to ten 12 inch by 12 inch samples and on a three by five foot final piece.

We are also to continue to work with our assigned building and the whole City Bits/ City Bytes theme, but I've really run out of ideas on how to use the Albright-Knox in a different way than on my devore project.

Since I want to involve the sculpture Light Matrix that sits on top of the Albright -Knox addition more in this piece than I did the last one, I went to the master of using dots, Maurce Binder's opening for Dr. No in 1962. Trivia time, the electronic beeping in the very beginning with the producer's credits is supposed to represent that Bond is a spy for the computer age. And, the dots themselves are actually price stickers stop motion animated.

Factoidial knowledge aside, I have sketches like these follwing themes as far afield as Space Invaders
 and geology, but little to do with the art museum and Greco-roman revival architecture.


I'm no closer to an acceptable design for the final, but at least I've had fun going through all the old Bond intros.

No comments:

Post a Comment