Saturday, January 28, 2012

Video Games and Shiny Things

What better way to introduce the theme of Fun and Games than with a sweet video? This semester I've decided to look at games of all types; board games, card games, sports games, and video games. Despite my best efforts to look at the other categories my projects and posts will probably tend toward being about video games, as that's my main area of intrest and the one I know the most about. (incidentally if you're looking for an excellent book on the history of video games pick up Replay by Tristan Donovan, unless you're looking for highlights of acrade history then Supercade is your ballywick.)

I'm not alone in my fascination with video games and art, as there is an entire gallery dedicated to it called I am 8bit, in California. They also have a couple art books out which I have yet to look at. So this long story short, I am super excited to get started on this theme! Time to go round up some new theme appropriate music for my mp3 player!

No comments:

Post a Comment