Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All Over Again

As much as I said I would accomplish the world on Christmas break I actually got very little done jewelry wise, other than realizing how ill planned my next epic project is. But, I am beginning to assemble a studio at home! One sewing cabinet from the early 1940s on blocks plus an old tea cart of some kind equals a passable bench and storage. I've got a bulletin board complete with in-jokes tacked to it, a clock for time, a very useful flexible shaft, and most importantly music (courtesy the family computer speakers circa 1998).

All these new amenities and the only result is the discovery that as gratifying as smashing things flat with a hammer is, it's probably not the best choice design wise.

I rather like the bottom pendant the best: it's still somewhat three dimensional plus there's room to nestle a small stone in it. Nothing has been soldered on owing to my lack of a torch at home, which is becoming more and more of an annoyance/problem. Also notice the bezel is made of brass and not silver. I have no idea if using a tougher metal to set a stone in this manner will work but why not try, especially since the bezel "wire" came pre-made in the perfect size. But now its on to the proper start of the semester and the long awaited reveal of the theme, I'm sure all four of you are just dying to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment