Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Gasp! where have the asteroids gone?


Why they're  right here!


As you can see they are about half soldered together, there's still some fill in to do before they are tumbled clean. Likewise my kalimba is coning along, I've hydraulic die formed the bottom of the sound box and half soldered a giant bezel of a wall to it. I've also begun planning the top, but there are some supplies I need to get first.




Woooooooo ghostly blue pickle! In other exciting news that I got so wrapped up in I didn't have time to post, was that my tiara went down the runway at the fashion department's big event, Runway 4.0!

As you can see my camera was less than apprectiative of the contrast of bright stage lights and the dark audience. The tiara was graciously modeled by Molly for Clare Canavan's clothing line.


Here's a short video I took of all the models going around angain at the end of the show. You can see my tiara at 45 seconds or so, it's the one the camera tracks. After this we finally held our own personal "runway" in the classroom, where we had to wear our tiaras to a song and do some preformance art by strutting around.

I "danced" to this song and everyone really liked it and thought it fit the jewelry piece well, though given the the number of vaguely Irish instrumental songs other students also used, I can't help but wonder if I should have gone with something composed on an Atari for that extra futuristic chiptune sound.

1 comment:

  1. Great series of blog posts. I enjoy the images and reading your commentary.

    ReplyDelete