Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Few Good Midnights

A week of all nighters and a good week (or two) to recover from them makes Veronica a late posting girl. I narrowly finished this semester in time but I did it, dual wielding torches all the way! Hence why I completely forgot to take any pictures of my metalsmithing stuff. Between that class and ceramics, I'm fairly certain vessels and I don't get along very well, but boy do I like purchasing them from shows and thrift stores.

I digress, mostly because there isn't anything happening immediately right now, and for that I'm grateful to have a break between projects. To start, the end of year round up for jewelry looks like this:

One Pac-man necklace,


One pair of VR glasses, (what made them super secret is the arms of the glasses have little yellow LEDs in them, powered by a battery in the fake plug)

And finally one sword like spoon for a gentleman's eating contest. (Which no one seemed to understand)

Briefly here is the final portfolio for CAD which I was mostly proud of:

 Castle Exercise,

 Flashlight Exercise,

 Rubber Duck Exercise,

 Lollypop Exercise,

Toy Robot,

 Perfume Bottle,

 Ring,

Table and Chair Set.

 Can you tell I enjoyed CAD? Next fall I get another crack at it and probably will focus on lighting objects in the program. Before then though, I'd like to take a moment to talk about the upcoming summer projects.

Though not quite exactly what I'm doing, this experimental pendant is a good place holder picture when talking about production! Yes this summer it will finally happen, I will be designing and making jewelry to sell in the fall and winter student sale. This also means an Etsy shop will be in the near future, so stay tuned for details! This venture officially launches next week, with my summer independent studies in jewelry. While I prepare for the business world looking into cards, photographs, and taxation I'll have just enough time to see Albert Paley's Lecture at the Nan Miller Gallery here in Rochester. I'm particularly excited to make it to one of his exhibitions this time, since I had to miss his last one at the Memorial Art Gallery.

Its going to be an exciting, if busy, summer and I can't wait to get cracking and see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment