Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Whhhhirrrr, Clank, Clunk

In the past few weeks I have been something of an art machine cranking out piece after piece and being largely unsatisfied with it.

My fibers screen printing project here I thought looked very good but it was practically destroyed in a very schizophrenic critique. It was further evidence that whenever I like a piece everyone else hates it and when I hate it everyone else loves it. Case in point, jewelry:

These shawl pins based on trillium I wasn't really feeling. Plus I didn't think they were up to snuff for the student sale since I know every little problem with them. But, the class loved them backwards and forwards literally as they liked both sides of the piece. Still not sure as to whether to put these into the sale.

For 2D design we began by drawing an egg for homework after practicing shading spheres with no reference in class...


Then we had to draw junk from the professor's basement and our own objects separately, then cut them out and arrange them in an 11x14 rectangle...


Then we had to arrange the objects physically the way we did with the drawings...


then redraw it again and mat it for the final piece. No, I have no idea what this is suppsosed to teach me. All I know is that the only reason I can sort of draw is because of taking Drawing I my spohomore year with the difficult professor. Once again no clue and I'm bored in class working on it.


As a bonus here is my last project for 2D, a transition from a gun like object to a penguin which I some how got an A- on. I choose to believe that this qualifies me as half a Rembrandt. Now to gear up for the student sale, the texture project, and see how big a pain in the ass weaving supposedly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment