Friday, March 11, 2011

Inspiration Train

So in my history of photography class I heard from the professor that the Chrysler Building had people dress as robots dancing on top of it as a promotional stunt during a World's Fair and that there was footage of it. Naturally, I had to go looking for it on the internet and all I could find was this nifty video set to a remix of Technologic by Daft Punk. There, they cite the dancing robots as being part of the opening celebration for the building. Anyway the footage I was looking for pops up from 1:36 to 2:20 but the whole video is cool and you ought to watch it.


And to keep the inspiration train rolling I just got the book Where's My Space Age in from the ILL office for more ideas and hopefully more information on what went into designing for the future. Because of this quick indulgence into Art Deco and Sci-fi imagery I now realize I desperately need to watch Metropolis and possibly infamously terrible sci-fi musical Just Imagine. Now where was I? Oh yes, trains:

No comments:

Post a Comment