Sunday, March 6, 2011

Progress, Quickly

Here's the current scoop in jewelry:


Worked on the asteroids some more and laid them out on the silver wire. There are fifteen on the wire plus the one on the end of the neck ring which means I have a total of 31 objects to cast in brass. So, the plan is to finish refining the asteroids Sunday, sprue and weigh Monday, invest Tuesday, and cast Wednesday. outside of this I have been working on the copper rod/wire practice for attaching the ingot. I've discovered that it goes a lot easier when you use the correct hammer. And a final note on the asteroids here is my map of which ones goes where, for those interested in recursive scrabble:



Continuing on, I turned my desk into a war zone Friday....


...In order to create a model of my next piece in my other favorite medium, Paper!



Here's a crazy composite picture of me wearing the tiara I sketched in my last post. Hopefully everyone can see whats going on a little better, at least with the two spoons and the five triangular flowers to the right. The scribbled black oval is where a black stone may go, but it might be some other found object. The pointed circular dip below the black spot will be a large white cubic zirconia volcano bezel set upside down with a nickel-silver collar. I'm also planning to intertwine beads and other junk in the flowers stems to off set the various colorful stones and stuff between the spoons. Not much more to say, though I'll leave you with two more pictures of the tiara model; one on its own and one where its propped up by Atari carts.

No comments:

Post a Comment